The World in a Grain - Vince Beiser - 2018 (Nonfiction) [Audioboo...
- Category Other
- Type Audiobook
- Language English
- Total size 243.1 MB
- Uploaded By miok
- Downloads 232
- Last checked 36 minutes ago
- Date uploaded 2 months ago
- Seeders 8
- Leechers 1
The World in a Grain - Vince Beiser - 2018
The Story of Sand and How It Transformed Civilization
By: Vince Beiser
Narrated by: Will Damron
Length: 8 hrs and 49 mins
Release date: 07-08-2018
Genre: Nonfiction, Business, Commerce & Economy
Publisher: Penguin Audio
Format: mp3 64/44.1 stereo
The gripping story of the most important overlooked commodity in the world - sand - and the crucial role it plays in our lives.
After water and air, sand is the natural resource that we consume more than any other - even more than oil. Every concrete building and paved road on Earth, every computer screen and silicon chip, is made from sand. From Egypt's pyramids to the Hubble telescope, from the world's tallest skyscraper to the sidewalk below it, from Chartres' stained-glass windows to your iPhone, sand shelters us, empowers us, engages us, and inspires us. It's the ingredient that makes possible our cities, our science, our lives - and our future.
And, incredibly, we're running out of it.
The World in a Grain is the compelling true story of the hugely important and diminishing natural resource that grows more essential every day, and of the people who mine it, sell it, build with it - and sometimes, even kill for it. It's also a provocative examination of the serious human and environmental costs incurred by our dependence on sand, which has received little public attention. Not all sand is created equal: Some of the easiest sand to get to is the least useful.
Award-winning journalist Vince Beiser delves deep into this world, taking listeners on a journey across the globe, from the United States to remote corners of India, China, and Dubai to explain why sand is so crucial to modern life. Along the way, listeners encounter world-changing innovators, island-building entrepreneurs, desert fighters, and murderous sand pirates. The result is an entertaining and eye-opening work, one that is both unexpected and involving, rippling with fascinating detail and filled with surprising characters.
©2018 Vince Beiser (P)2018 Penguin Audio
24/7 Seedbox Support
Files:Vince Beiser - 2018 - The World in a Grain (Nonfiction)
- Downloaded from ETTV.tv.txt (0.1 KB)
- The World in a Grain (1).mp3 (25.7 MB)
- The World in a Grain (2).mp3 (19.1 MB)
- The World in a Grain (3).mp3 (25.3 MB)
- The World in a Grain (4).mp3 (24.4 MB)
- The World in a Grain (5).mp3 (36.1 MB)
- The World in a Grain (6).mp3 (26.8 MB)
- The World in a Grain (7).mp3 (31.4 MB)
- The World in a Grain (8).mp3 (31.0 MB)
- The World in a Grain (9).mp3 (23.3 MB)
- The World in a Grain.jpg (39.4 KB)
- The World in a Grain - Vince Beiser - 2018.txt (2.1 KB)
- Torrent Downloaded from Glodls.to.txt (0.2 KB)
- WWRG.png (137.3 KB)
- WWRG Read Me!.txt (0.5 KB)